Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Month long ear infection = Tubes in ears

I took Alexander to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor last night. After a look in both of Alexander's ears, Dr. Buchalter suggested draining the fluid and then inserting tubes to help keep the fluid from collecting there. I think this is the right decision. He has been sick since the beginning of October and 3 oral antibiotics and a antibiotic shot later, he is still sick. At my least pediatrician appointment, the doctor (not Alexander's regular doctor) said there was no cause for concern. I am glad that i took the proactive approach to get a second opinion from a specialist. I will be getting a call within the next week or so to set up a hearing test and the surgery. From what i hear it is a very simple procedure, but Alexander will need to be put under. As soon as I get an update i will let everyone know. I am glad that we are doing this now before he has to suffer through any more ear infections and be in more pain.

1 comment:

Hayley Jane said...

aww tell him auntie's thinking about him!! hope all else is well!!

look forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks for turkey daaay!